- Michael and I know that building a house requires a lot of patience and decision making. We've looked at property lots, floor plans, met with builders, looked at more lots, decided on a floor plan, changed our mind on the floor plan, thought we wanted an upstairs, decided we want a downstairs, looked at more floor plans, decided on builder, and on and on and on. I'm not complaining, just realizing that we better be in this for the long haul. Any tips or suggestions on house building are greatly appreciated!
- Last week I raved to a co-worker how super awesome my immune system is. Pretty sure I said something like, "colds are for sissies!" I spent the weekend with a scratchy throat, congestion, body aches, and sneezing every 5 minutes.
KARMA - 1 ASHLEY - 0
- Michael brought home chocolate covered coffee beans for me the other day.
Chocolate covered coffee beans people.
Best husband ever.
- Well, I finished the Hunger Games! The ending wasn't my favorite but as a whole I really enjoyed the series and book number two was just plain awesome. Really going to miss that crazy Katniss. Now I need something new to read, any recommendations!?
- Dogs make me happy. Really, really, happy."He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown
- I've decided you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their email inbox. No this isn't true for everyone, but so far its worked with most people I've talked to. I hate clutter, love to throw things away and need organization... which is why I rarely have more than five emails in my inbox and the things I keep are put in a folder. My husband is a border-line hoarder and has over 1,000 emails in his inbox. Wow.
- Unknowingly, I spent half the day with my shirt on backwards. I had been to the grocery store, the post office, the bank, and the gas station. Explains the stares.
TRICKY T-SHIRT - 1 ASHLEY - 0
- I'm realizing that it's really easy to get distracted with the everyday routine of life. Sometimes I'll catch myself and laugh at how seriously I can take things that don't matter.
Which is why this verse really stuck out to me:
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
—Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
Have a great Thursday!